Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday #1

I've noticed that a lot of times this blog is just one big ol' pity party, so I've decided to create a new weekly blog called THANKFUL THURSDAY ( I know you can see it in the title... but repetition is good right?). Some Thursdays might be more serious, some not so much. Some might be short and simple, while others might require some explanation. I'm hoping I will stick with this... and hoping that it will pull me out of my frequent pity parties, and help me realize just how much I really have. And with that... let the first Thankful Thursday begin with my thankfulness for...


Pat1


My Husband
Yea, I know, not the most creative first Thankful Thursday post, but pretty much the most important.
My husband is someone that I am incredibly privileged to know. He's my knight in shining armor, and all that cheesy stuff. He might piss me off more than anyone else I know (well... maybe more than anyone, although at this moment, maybe not), but he also makes me laugh more than anyone. We've been together for 9 years, and every day I learn something new about him... I never get tired of learning. The last two years have been hell, and yet, with him by side, I know we'll get through whatever is thrown at us. He likes to remind me that without him, I could have avoided the last two years of pain. He has said that he thinks I should leave, that he thinks he is forcing me to miss out on a normal pregnancy and child raising experience. He doesn't realize that I wouldn't have it any other way... okay... that's kind of a lie. I would take fertility... with him. If it's not with him, than I don't want it.
Once we were talking about what life would be like without each other and he said he could never imagine getting to know someone again as well as he knows me, and I completely agree. I can't imagine it, and I don't want to. He is all I want and all I need. He is the father of my future children, and I realize that it might not be the "normal" way of having babies... but who wants normal right?
I am so thankful that every day I am lucky enough to have him in my life.

8 comments:

  1. Just found you through 20sb.

    I'm so glad you have such an amazing husband. I think mine's pretty great too...and it makes the journey that much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea :) And I like how you state your perspective on your future kids. Yes, your DH will be their father. And normal? Who wants to be normal? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through 20sb- Congrats on being the 10,000th member!!!!

    ...and let me encourage you- my sister and brother in law tried for 5 years and after everything else Invitro #1 worked...My niece AND nephew were born on 9.29.09 :) LOTS of prayers headed your way...we have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!!! You are such a beautiful person, so amazing... I am so blessed to have had you both in my life. You two are simply two of the best people I've ever known! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no normal families. Ask anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are great examples to all! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

My Aunt Jane Knows More Than My RE ----- I stole this from C :D

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts