Friday, January 22, 2010

Thankful...errr...Friday and IComLeavWe

Hi IComLeavWe-ers! As usual I am a day late and a dollar short, lol.
Welcome to my page, If you didn't see on the Stirrup-Queens page, my blog is mainly about male factor infertility and sometimes about loss, with just a sprinkling of my experiences teaching thrown into the mix. Feel free to checkout the timeline located on the left hand side of the page to get a general idea of our infertility journey. I recently started a new segment called Thankful Thursdays which I managed to get out on time for 2 weeks... that's pretty much typical. Hope you enjoy :D

Appropriately enough, Thankful Thursday (Friday) this week is all about the amazing online IF communities that I found.

The online infertility communities that I am involved in have been the only reason I have stayed sane over the last two years. They are my lifeline. I know I can almost find one person online that I can talk to about what I am feeling. I also know that when I do find another IFer to talk to, that they won't judge my feelings, which is something hard to find when dealing with fertility in general. I've talked to my online IFers numerous times about the fact that we are so glad to have found each other, even if we wish it had been under different circumstances.

I'd like to give a couple of special shout outs to women without whom I would have totally gone crazy through my infertility journey :D

Kate: You are amazing! I hope you know you are. Thanks for listening to me cry, complain, laugh, cry more, and be angry darn near every day over the last couple of years. You are an amazing mom already, and someday we'll both look back at this crazy journey and, well... we probably won't laugh, but we'll flip off the past and just be happy with our babies :D Oh, and thanks for taking me around Baltimore! You're awesome!

Andrea: We are so alike it scares me...lol. You've pulled me through a lot of hard times. I am so very glad that you are pregnant!! You are going to be an amazing mom. Thanks for helping me keep the faith :D You always leave me smiling (that's what she said ;0 )

Melissa: Yay!! Someone who lives in my timezone! haha!! Boo for someone else who has to deal with male factor, it's a big lame suckhole, but I am glad that I finally have someone to totally relate to... I know that have to relate over that sucks :(
It also sucks that we are both on our forced break, but I know that one day we'll get through that, and we'll eventually have beautiful little DI babies which we can hopefully take to Disneyland...and we'll all eat at the Blue Bayou, right? RIGHT?

Courtney and Tamara: Thanks to both of your for your ongoing listening and advice, and congrats again on your beautiful, beautiful babies :D


If I've forgotten anyone I'm really sorry. Just know that I am grateful for every single person I've met during this crazy journey :D

Because you have found this site, I'm guessing most of you are at least involved in some type of online IF community, if not, I highly suggest you get involved, not only for the support but for the infertility awareness. There are lots of great sites out there with tons of great advice, and people who will listen to your IF journey and not judge, and not make comments we are all tired of hearing!! (bitter? me? no way!!)

Have a great weekend everyone!! And a great IComLeavWe week!
:D

5 comments:

  1. Awww! Thanks Tori!! You are infersane and I love ya! You guys are going to be fabulous parents. Can't wait to see your growing triplet belly someday soon! ;)

    I fully intend to not only flip off the past in a few years once we've both got our families, but in your honor, I intend to stab it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The IF community online is awesome.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're exactly right, it's so much more helpful when you get involved with an IF community. Best wishes to you!

    Christina
    the subfertile frugalista
    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy ICLW! I'm on the Male Factor train, too... boo indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you!

    There's an award waiting for you on my blog!=)

    ReplyDelete

My Aunt Jane Knows More Than My RE ----- I stole this from C :D

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts