Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Is This Real Life?

Is it possible that I really only have 8 weeks left of this pregnancy? Mind. Blown.

I think things are finally starting to get real... like, really real. Real enough, in fact, that we finally painted the nursery and even got the furniture. I still keep thinking that I need to slow down...that I shouldn't be rushing into it, but I guess at 32 weeks, I'm not really rushing.

The most exciting thing to happen recently was our 3d/4d ultrasound!!! Is technology amazing these days or what. It's like, almost too amazing, like scary amazing. We ended up getting to go twice because the little monster in my belly had the umbilical cord in front of his face, and when prodded just moved it more in front of his face. When we went back he had changed his body position to head down, but guess what was still right by his face in EVERY shot... yup, the cord. We did get some really cool pictures though... really cool, mildly creepy, pictures :)


Holy baby!! His eyes are open in this one, and yup... there's that cord, right there by his chin.
Photobucket

UH oh!! Frowny face :( The weirdness by his eye is the distortion from the umbilical cord... erggg, that cord, it better just stop giving me issues now!
Photobucket

We got a bunch more, but those are two of my faves :) So, needless to say I am totally in love. Not that I wasn't before, but this made it a bit more real.

Also, here is a picture of what we've got in the nursery so far... Really exciting I know. There is also a dresser, but it's apparently impossible to get the entire nursery in one pic.
Photobucket
We are planning on doing a pirate theme, which kind of just includes a lamp shade, and a small wall mural of a treasure map... maybe a couple pillows, haha. Kind of a theme.

Other than that, not too much is going on. I didn't get hired back to work, which is frustrating. It's rough being a teacher right now. Teachers in our district who have been there for five years didn't get hired back this year, so sad :( I can only hope things will get better, when I decided to be a teacher I definitely didn't see myself being 8 years into my education and not having a job. BUT, I'm sure once my little guy bursts onto the scene I will be happy to not have a job to worry about.

Other pregnancy things... The two biggest are general discomfort and insomnia. The insomnia is out of control. I can usually bet that at least a couple times a week I won't get to sleep until 3 or 4am, not fun. The discomfort I can deal with, even if that means I sometimes get nauseous in the evenings, not my favorite. I also have crazy dry skin that is horrific on my feet. YUCK!!

OH!! I have a baby shower next weekend, and one the weekend after that!! AHH!!! Then we'll really need to figure out space issues in our house! I think after those things will really start to go fast. Or they'll just go by horrifically slow for the next 8 weeks... ugggg!! HURRY OCTOBER, HURRY FAST!!!

No new belly pic this time... hopefully once soon!! Also, sorry for how rambly this post is. Today has not been my favorite day for a few reasons... erggg... trying to keep the pregnancy crazy inside... not easy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how perfect! I love his little face! Are you guys stoked, or WHAT?! Miracles!

    His room is awesome, I really really like it. Can I just say how incredibly happy I am for you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're leaving me hanging! This is the first time in months that I've regretted deleting my Facebook! How ARE YOU!?

    ReplyDelete

My Aunt Jane Knows More Than My RE ----- I stole this from C :D

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts