Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Best Laid Plans of Infertiles

So, yea... it's been a while, I know.

What's been going on? So very much.

First, we'll get this outta the way because no one cares about this part, lol. School started. Woo Hoo. Back with a new class of awesome 5th graders. I never, ever thought I'd love 5th grade, but now I find myself hoping that that's where I'll get placed once student teaching is done. The first week of school is crazy, but it was fun. I am already ready to be done in November :D

Okay, on the fertility side of things.

1) I thought I got our insurance cancelled. I freaked! If you are one of the people I talk to outside of this blog, you know that "freaked" is probably an understatment. I didn't notice it until Friday evening, and had to spend the whole weekend having mini panic attacks. I called Monday, they said my mistake was "no big deal". I wanted to say WELL THEN WHY, ON MY STATEMENT, DOES IT SAY IT IS A BIG DEAL... WHY ARE THE WORDS PERMANENT CANCELLATION USED!! DON'T YOU KNOW I'M INFERTILE!?!? AF IS ABOUT TO ARRIVE, I NEED THIS INSURANCE!" Anyway, I didn't. I just said okay.

2) Yesterday was CD1!!! YAY!!! This is going to be the first month Hubby and I actually have a shot at this whole pregnancy thing!! Sidenote: I was so horribly ill yesterday, I guess it was food poisoning that just didn't set in for a while, Hubby and our friends had it also, and we are all better now, so I guess that's what it was. So, I still had to go in for my CD1 ultrasound and stuff even though I was dying of sickness, but the RE's office was great and I was in and out of there within 15 minutes.

3) The Plan: Here is what this cycle will look like
CD2 (today) - I have to go in for some bloodwork and pick up my prescriptions
CD3-7 - 50mg of Clomid each night
CD10 - another ultrasound
CD11 - HCG trigger shot
CD12 - (August 28th!!) IUI!!!
CD13-AF showing/1st Trimester - 200mg prometrium (progesterone) vaginally a day

I need to call the Cryobank and get the donor sperm here by the 25th so that I can take it into the office with me on the 26th (my CD10 appt).
So, that's it... that's what this cycle looks like for me. It's funny how my non IF friends keep saying how "crazy" this regimen is, and all my IF friends keep saying how easy I have it, lol. Which I know I do, clomid and a trigger shot is nothing compared to what some of my lovely ladies have to go through each month.

Other than that the only thing coming up is a trip to New Jersey. The husband is none to happy since this trip takes place a couple days after the IUI, and he apparently thinks I should be on immediate bedrest after the procedure. I am hoping it makes the tww go by fast! The day I get back I'll be on CD10 I believe, so then I'll only have a few more days of waiting to see if we start the process again, or if I am finally preggers!! Also while I'm in New Jersey I think I'll have the chance to make a quick side trip and visit my good friend Kate :D I'm super excited about that, although it'll prob be a huge cry-fest lol.

Well, that's what's going on with me, lol. Sorry if my writing is more rambly than usual, I am still in sickness hangover.

Bye Lovelies :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Aunt Jane Knows More Than My RE ----- I stole this from C :D

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts